Sunday, January 18, 2009

favorite rooms and fond memories

Some of our favorite rooms are filled with fond memories.  One year I went on a trip to New Orleans (pre-Hurricane Rita).  It was a magical trip.  After that, I saw a gelatin silver surreal photograph by Barbara J. Kline at a local juried art festival and purchased it without hesitation because it reminded me of that trip.  The tree was photographed in Audubon Park in New Orleans and the door was Ann Rice's in the Garden District in New Orleans. What a find!  Every time I see that photograph, I am reminded of that magical trip.

Barbara J. Kline's fine art photography can be found at www.barbarajkline.com.  The black and white gelatin silver photograph I own is "Resurrection Door" and can be found on her Web site.  Try visiting local art shows to purchase original artwork for your home; art can often evoke strong memories and it's presence can make a room special.

No comments:

Post a Comment